Locations: New York City, Atlanta, Washington DC
About the Organization
Aon is the world's premier insurance brokerage and consulting firm, with offices in more than 120 countries. We offer global insurance, reinsurance, risk management and human resources job opportunities that will empower your career. As an intern, you will be assigned to report to one of our experienced Industrial-Organizational Psychologists whose role it is to mentor you and provide you with a wide range of challenging, real world business experience. Interns will be exposed to a wide range of projects and activities to enable interns to learn extensively about consulting and the opportunity to apply I-O training to solve problems in the world’s largest organizations. The environment is flexible and supportive, giving interns the ability to work remotely and vary working hours based on a school or dissertation schedule.
All interns will be provided with an Aon Hewitt computer, though initial work may be done on a personal computer with SPSS or R and reliable email. Interns must have access to a working phone for internal and client calls. Phone charges, internet, etc. for those working remotely are not reimbursed. Office space may be available to those wishing to work in an office in NYC, Atlanta, or Washington DC.
Interns assist consulting project teams by performing activities to support the development, validation, and implementation of existing selection and assessment solutions for clients as well as the development of new assessment tools. Typical activities include research, competency development, job analysis, assessment development (i.e., role plays, gamified and or CAT assessments), item writing, data gathering, data cleaning and merging, data analysis using SPSS, R and Excel, technical documentation development, and providing support to consultants on client calls and meetings. Interns in this role will also assist with documentation as well as research study design and implementation. Interns work as contract employees with most of their time on spent short-term project assignments. This position focuses on Selection & Assessment expertise (with a focus on technical work and data analysis and research methods).
Hours and Term
Internships last from 1 to 2 years, with a review to extend by the interns’ manager at 6 months. Hours are 30 to 40 per week (depending on student's schedule and Aon Hewitt's client needs) and 50%+ availability during daytime business hours. Internships are capped at 2 years, with intern positions being focused on contractor work arrangements (via our partner).
The pay schedule is as follows:
- Starting wage $17/hour with pay and performance reviews every 6 months.
- Increases are made in $2 - $4 increments per manager discretion (with Service Line Leader approval). Any raises are based on performance and level of achievement in PhD program (i.e., defending Master’s thesis) and must adhere to a 6 month schedule.
- Total hourly pay shall not exceed $25 per hour.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Heavy focus on selection and assessment, with a special focus on validation, technical reports, and data analysis.
- Coordinate and execute logistical aspects of projects, including communicating with internal and external clients as needed.
- Tailor standard materials (e.g. data collection tools, competency models, technical reports, validation results, assessment materials, leadership reports) to reflect client specific needs and contribute to the development of new materials.
- Analyze validation or other assessment-specific data and manage data sets, using Excel, SPSS and R.
- Create presentations or technical documentation, including data visualization, exhibits and appendices; research, compose, and review sections of technical documentation in accordance with professional guidelines and standards.
- Facilitate and ensure quality of data collection sessions at client’s sites to support validation or other data management and analysis requirements.
Written and Oral Communication Skills, Organizational Skills, Work Orientation, Interpersonal Skills, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Data Analysis, Research Design, Technical Skills (in the areas of Competency Modeling, Validation Strategies, Job Analysis, Employee Selection and Assessment, statistics, SPSS, R, and MS programs such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
Experience with MTurk data collection is preferred. Interest in developing new assessment technologies is preferred.
- Enrolled in a PhD program, with ABD status preferred
- Willingness to travel in the USA should the need arise
Email resume to email@example.com.