CAMRIS International, Inc.
About the Organization
CAMRIS International is an international development and research firm that offers customized, cost effective, and sustainable solutions across a broad spectrum of sectors to a wide range of domestic and international clients. Our core practice areas include Global Health, Agriculture and Food Safety, Economic Development, Education, Environment, Humanitarian Aid and Assistance, Democracy and Governance, and Medical Research. Our core cross cutting service areas include Capacity Building and Institutional Reform, Knowledge Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Communications, and Management Information Systems. With experience working in more than 80 countries around the world, we combine our proven systems with today's most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
About the Job
CAMRIS International is seeking an Human Resource Assistant to support the Administrative, Management & Organizational Services (AMOS II) FOR NMRC. This program will provide administrative, managerial, and organizational type services in support of military medical research, including budgets, operational surveys, studies, and analyses on matters related to the NMRC mission at Silver Spring, MD. The mission of NMRC is to conduct research, development, tests, and evaluations to enhance the health, safety, and readiness of Navy and Marine Corps personnel in the effective performance of peacetime and contingency missions and to perform other functions as directed by higher authority. The services shall include performing office functions such as setting up and maintaining files, arranging meeting and conferences, receiving or answering mail, answering telephones and greeting individuals. May assist in reviewing drafts and finished documents for appropriate grammatical usage, and answer questions related to office operations. May assist with the gathering, collecting, recording, and verifying data of multiple sources, with the capabilities of utilizing software to compile and generate reports, statistics, timelines, tables, graphs, correspondence, and presentations.
- Assist civilian personnel with manpower and/or human resources inquiries.
- Assist the HR Manager in analyzing and implementing all HR requirement IAW governing policies.
- Assist in the development, drafting and/or modification of Professional Descriptions
- Assist the Human Resource Specialist with processing verifying, and maintaining personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications, and employee leaves of absence.
- Assist with informing agency personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- Record data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, amount of sales or production, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
- Assist with gathering personnel records from other departments or employees.
- Assist with inquiries regarding examinations, eligibility, salaries, benefits, and other pertinent information.
- Compile and prepare reports and documents pertaining to personnel activities.
- Assist with information from law enforcement officials, previous employers, and other references to determine applicants' employment acceptability.
- Assist with advertising job vacancies and notify eligible workers of position availability.
- The individual shall be a highly motivated individual to serve as a Defense Human
Resources Assistant (Administrative). This position will average 40 hours per week.
Experience with help desk or customer service operations.
Analytical and organizational skills. Team building skills.
Experience with the suite of Microsoft Office applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
Above average professional and technical vocabulary.
Knowledge of Civilian Manpower Reporting Systems.
Minimum of an Associate's Degree (Business and/or Human Resource Management); (or related field) or/ at least three years of experience with Human Resources and thoroughly familiar with processing human resource documentation and has established professional knowledge and skills specified to the subject matter.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please follow this link: http://www.Click2apply.net/b36x28zwwv