American Institutes for Research
Location: Crystal City, VA
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the leading behavioral and social science research organizations in the world. AIR is a collaborative organization that works with clients to examine a wide range of projects from early childhood development to adult education. We pride ourselves in conducting high-impact, high-stakes projects for significant federal, state, and private organizations. AIR's vision is that research-based problem solving can improve the lives of all people. AIR’s Professional Services team within Research and Evaluation is seeking an I/O Psychology Researcher Intern for our Crystal City, VA. office to work on projects across a variety of clients doing work related to job analysis, practice analysis, competency modeling, selection, assessment, test validation, workforce planning, workforce analytics and training.
The I/O Psychology Researcher Intern will work as part of a research team on one or more projects with responsibilities that may include:
• Conduct literature reviews
• Perform data analysis
• Work collaboratively on white papers geared toward new offerings for clients
• Assist with the development of marketing materials
• Contribute to job analysis and assessment projects
• Develop an understanding of client needs
• Currently seeking a student in an I/O Psychology doctoral program, with experience in a behavioral or social science research
• Highly proficient in data management and analysis procedures. Proficient in data analysis programs, such as SPSS and Excel. Familiarity with syntax driven analyses in software programs such as R is a plus.
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Fundamental understanding of job analysis and test development
• Ability to use PowerPoint
• Data visualization skills preferred, Tableau experience a plus All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. #LI-JR1
Please note, each section of the application is required in order for you to be considered for this opportunity. If you do not complete the required screening questions, or if you close your browser before completing each section of the application, your application will not be submitted for this position.
American Institutes for Research is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to excellence through diversity. Minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
American Institutes for Research’s commitment to Diversity goes beyond legal compliance to its full integration in our strategy, operations and work environment. Diversity is valued and Inclusion is reflected in all efforts to recruit, develop, and engage the diverse staff needed to accomplish our mission.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to Taliba Boone at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.403.5000.