Location: Washington, DC
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This leader has strategic and tactical responsibility to drive and implement talent management processes for the enterprise with measurable results. Leads the effort to partner with the business to design, develop, and implement Amtrak specific talent management processes as well as division-specific solutions to include: talent assessment, performance management, succession planning, leadership development, and organizational development. Partners with senior business leaders, Human Capital leaders and technical specialists. Manages specialized vendors and complex large scale projects. Collaborates with talent management team members to fashion integrated talent management solutions.
Lead the design and development of cutting-edge processes, strategy, process improvement and change management using advanced knowledge and experience in leading complex change efforts. Identify, track and analyze metrics to measure organizational effectiveness. Manage project budgets and resources.
· Connects Talent Management with other units within OELD Center of Expertise as well as with the HC Business Partners and Amtrak’s business leaders to ensure alignment with organizational needs.
· Responsible for developing the strategy, design and execution for key processes of the enterprise talent management strategy
· Leads identification of talent management process needs, conceptualizes enterprise solutions supporting the business and human capital strategy, engages and gathers key stakeholder support, manages resources (people, budgets and technology) to design, develop, implement and sustain solutions
· Contributes to talent assessment program with input regarding critical processes, including job analyses, test validity, legal issues, and other talent assessment considerations
· Leads and participates in corporate-wide talent management initiatives
· Builds understanding, ownership, and support among key Human Capital leaders and senior business partners
· Provides thought leadership as subject matter expert bringing together up to date best practice methods, formal training and applied experience in the areas of assessment, performance, executive development and succession
· Manages the work of highly specialized vendors
• Master’s degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, HR, OD or related field
• Demonstrated related experience
• Strategic thinking coupled with practical application
• Strong interpersonal relationship skills
• Strong management and leadership capabilities
• Executive presence and presentation skills
• Business acumen
• Creative problem solving
• Excellent skills in Human Capital Analytics
• Collaborative team member
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Self-starter with hands-on approach
• Ability to influence a wide range of key stakeholders from the front line to senior business leaders
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications, experience leveraging enterprise human capital information systems for talent management solutions, and familiarity with statistical packages such as SPSS or R
• Project management expertise along with the use of MSProject
• Certifications in personality and 360 assessment tools used for selection and development (examples: MBTI, DiSC, Hogan, Firo-B, Performance Index, Benchmarks, Executive Dimensions, etc.)
• Experience in task analysis, performance specification, field data gathering and analysis, test development, validation and administration
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested applicants, apply here: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=28084&company=Amtrak&username=