Location: Arlington, VA
FMP Consulting (FMP) is a leading management and strategic consulting firm. With extensive expertise in both the government and private sectors, our knowledgeable and experienced staff have served as outside experts and trusted collaborators across a variety of clients. Beginning with our founding in 1991, FMP has embraced the core values of partnership, flexibility, and service. These values form the foundation of our approach and guide us in every aspect of our work.
For the tenth year in a row, FMP has been recognized by the Northern Virginia Family Services with the Companies as Responsive Employers (CARE) Award. We are committed to fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment while providing excellent service to our clients.
We are currently seeking Human Capital Summer Interns to join our growing business.
As a Human Capital Intern at FMP, you will have the unique opportunity to:
- Apply and enhance your classroom skills/knowledge across a broad range of strategic planning, operational solutions, organizational effectiveness, and other exciting projects
- Work hand-in-hand with our consultants and clients to tailor and implement innovative solutions that address each client's particular needs -- no two clients or projects are alike
- Contribute to the development of a wide variety of deliverables (e.g. reports, tools, strategic approaches, briefings, or data analyses)
- Rapidly grow in a constantly evolving and entrepreneurial environment
- Be part of a high performance culture that values client service, autonomy, and collaboration
Our Internship Program is designed to enable you to grow and develop professionally throughout your individual employment experience. The goals of the program are to:
- Apply academic and practical experience to human capital projects currently underway with our clients
- Exchange ideas with professionals in the field
- Expand your management consulting knowledge and skills
- Gain exposure to a variety of projects and clients in the public and private sectors
- Develop networking and mentoring opportunities
- A Masters or doctorate degree in progress or recently completed in Data Analysis or Business, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Human Resources, Government Administration, or related field
- Demonstrated attention to detail, organization, and follow-up skills
- The demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully in a team environment
- Intermediate to advanced level skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data, perform analysis, and create reports for various stakeholder groups
- Strong and creative research, analysis, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- The ability to adjust easily to ambiguity and/or change
- The ability to balance multiple priorities and tasks in a fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including report writing and critical listening skills
- Knowledge of federal government management practices
- Experience with analytical software such as SPSS
- Interest in human capital and/or management practices
Internships are paid and are an excellent opportunity to acquire hands-on consulting experience.
Position openings for this role are contingent on current or anticipated client needs. Applicants selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
All qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
To apply for the position and for more information about FMP, our clients and projects, please visit www.fmpconsulting.com. Applications being accepted until February 29, 2020.