American Nurses Association (ANA) Enterprise
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Position: Senior Editor
Status: Full Time
Location: Silver Spring, MD
For Immediate Consideration: apply onlineat https://workforcenow.adp.com/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=8aa77bca-e0ae-4e12-a8d6-b79f70f2dd72&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The ANA Enterprise is the platform for empowering nurses everywhere. Through the united strength of the American Nurses Association (ANA), the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), and the American Nurses Foundation, the ANA Enterprise makes the voice of nurses heard.
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) credentials both organizations and individuals who advance nursing. Whether you want to boost your career prospects or achieve international recognition for your health care organization, do not settle for less than the recognized authority in nursing credentialing.
Maintains pool of exam items and editorial standards for Measurement Services (MS). Provides department-wide editorial services. Assists with acquisition of reference materials, development of reference lists, and exam-related research.
- Plan and conduct meetings with content expert panelists and item writers to facilitate item writing, reviews, and updates. Coordinate with ANCC colleagues and content experts to enable recruitment and selection of item writers; facilitate meetings; prepare meeting materials and review materials prepared by ANCC colleagues; and provide post-meeting summary reports to department leadership.
- Conduct iterative editorial reviews of ANCC exam items as well as other certification products and department documents. Provide feedback and coaching to item/document writers. Research and resolve issues with exam content, quality, or challenges.
- Support colleagues with development of exam reference lists and exam-related research.
- Maintain, update, and implement Measurement Services Editorial Style Guide. Prepare written procedures pertinent to the position. Maintain all necessary documentation in support of ISO accreditation requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the department’s objectives and strategic goals.
Master’s degree or equivalent in Journalism, English, or related field.
Related Work Experience
Three years of editorial experience.
Editing; item writing; meeting facilitation; oral and written communication; use of office computer software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and public relations and customer service.
Ability to organize, manage, and complete multiple ongoing projects and tasks; accurately attend to details; adapt to changing priorities and work demands; take initiative; work autonomously with limited supervision; and work collaboratively and effectively within a team.
ANA’s state of the art office is located in the heart of beautiful downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, just blocks from the Metro and a wide range of restaurants and shops. ANA offers competitive salaries, a flexible work schedule and great benefits that include the following and many more:
· Attractive benefit plan for Health, Dental, Vision, RX
· 3 weeks paid vacation and Christmas week off (paid)
· 9 paid holidays, birthday holiday, and 12 sick days
· Excellent matching 401K plan
· Tuition Reimbursement and Professional Development
· Flexible Spending Accounts