U.S. Office of Personnel Management
Location: Washington DC
Open Period: 05/07/2019 to 05/21/2019
Salary: $57,510 to $108,422 per year
Series & Grade: GS-0180-9-12
About the Job
Are you a recent graduate interested in working with senior industrial/organizational psychologists to deliver employment and organizational assessment services to Federal agencies? You could be part a team working to develop, implement, and evaluate assessment tools for selection or promotion; develop and administer surveys; analyze data using SPSS, Excel, or R; write technical reports; conduct job analysis/competency modeling or gap analysis and/or program evaluation.
The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) has a Personnel Research Psychologist Recent Graduate position that will be filled through the Pathways Program. This position is in OPM’s HR Solutions, Assessment & Evaluation Branch (AEB). AEB provides assessment services on a reimbursable basis to other Federal agencies and offers a fast-paced environment where your duties and responsibilities will involve interacting with other psychologists, HR Specialists, and program managers across offices within and external to AEB.
The duties of the position will be performed under the direction of senior Industrial/Organizational psychologists and project managers and typical duties include:
- Leading and/or participating on project teams to develop and/or contract for innovative assessment tools.
- Conducting Government-wide and/or agency job analyses.
- Developing and implementing competency models, workforce gap assessments, and leadership assessments.
- Helping agencies identify, evaluate, and solve organizational problems using customer action planning, satisfaction surveys, employee surveys, and focus groups.
- Establishing project objectives, activities, timelines, budgets, and staffing plans.
- Advising agencies and internal senior management on implementing assessment strategies.
- Evaluating training, candidate development, or other human resources programs.
More information about the Pathways Program can be found here: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/students-recent-graduates
To meet the Recent Graduate Program Eligibility requirements, you must have obtained a qualifying Associates, Bachelor's, Master's, Professional, Doctorate, Vocational or Technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution, within the previous 2 years.
- U.S. Citizen or National
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Relevant experience (see Qualifications below)
- Must complete initial online questionnaire and additional assessments
Basic Education Requirement: All applicants must have successfully completed a full 4-year course of study in an accredited or pre-accredited academic institution leading to a bachelor's or higher degree with a major or equivalent in psychology to receive further consideration.
Additionally, each grade level has additional experience and/or education qualification requirements for selection. The minimum requirement for the GS-9 grade level, which is the least senior position, is at least two years of progressively higher graduate level education in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or a related field (for example, applied psychology, social psychology, applied social psychology, organizational development) OR completed all requirements for a Master's degree (or equivalent) or a Ph.D. (or equivalent) in I/O Psychology or related field OR one year of specialized experience performing Industrial/Organizational Psychology work (for example, conducting literature searches; performing statistical analyses; identifying job requirements or analyzing job analysis data; administering routine assessments or organizational surveys; maintaining the integrity of data and performing quality assurance controls on data). An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be used to qualify for the GS-9 grade level. Please see the job opportunity announcement for the specific qualification requirements for the GS-9, GS-11, and GS-12 grade levels.
How to Apply:
For a full description and to apply, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/532917000