Location: Mclean, VA
About the Organization:
As the consulting arm of the International Association of Fire Chiefs, Emergency Services Consulting International (ESCI) has reliably met the needs of emergency services agencies for over 40 years and is a national leader in fire, EMS, communications and law enforcement consulting. Find out more about ESCI at www.esci.us.
The ESCI-Fields Human Capital Division specializes in selection, promotion, and training for public safety clients and is seeking a punctual, organized and enthusiastic individual for an I/O Associate internship position. The Human Capital Division is based out of Mclean, Virginia.
The I/O Associate Intern will support ESCI-Fields Human Capital Division clients, consultants and project teams. As an intern, you will partner on the development and implementation of human capital projects, including selection and training.
Primary responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
· Conduct research
· Conduct job analysis interviews and observations
· Develop surveys
· Assist with the development of selection measures (assessment centers, multiple-choice exams, interviews, video-based testing, situational judgment tests)
· Administer assessment center exercises
· Develop training programs
· Process and analyze data using a variety of data analysis tools including Microsoft Excel and SPSS
· Produce reports/materials for client deliverables
· Assist with community meetings and strategic planning workshops
This role will work independently on a number of projects as well as cooperatively with senior consultants and project managers.
· Master’s Degree or currently enrolled in a graduate degree program in I/O Psychology or related field (Organization Behavior, Human Resource Management). Relevant coursework or applied experience in the areas of job analysis, employee selection, and psychometrics would also be preferable
· Strong quantitative skills required, including experience with SPSS, other statistical packages
· Skill in word processing and spreadsheet programs (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel)
· Excellent organizational and administrative skills, strong attention to detail
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Ability to meet multiple demands and deadlines
· Ability to work well and communicate with others within the organization
· Reliable transportation
Interns will be asked to perform a minimum of 10 - 20 hours per week with ESCI-Fields Human Capital Division remaining flexible with school schedules, etc. The length of the internship will be discussed with candidates on a case-to-case basis. This is a paid internship.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com