Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement
Location: Washington, DC
The Office of Human Capital (OHC) is seeking applicants to the position of Chief of the HR Services Unit (GS-0201-15). This is an OHC headquarters position with a duty station of Washington, D.C.
As Chief of the HR Services Unit, this position is responsible for oversight of the OHC service centers and ensuring agency and customer priorities are efficiently carried out by service center teams. This position reports to the SES Deputy Chief Human Capital Officer for Operations. Specifically, this position performs the following duties:
- Provides administrative and technical supervision to managers who furnish Title 5 HR services and offer authoritative guidance on difficult, unusual, or unprecedented circumstances arising from diverse HR issues;
- Provides expert level guidance to the managers who execute Title 5 HR programs for recruitment, placement, position management and classification, information systems management, payroll, retirement, benefits, and support services;
- Resolves bottlenecks in the efficient delivery of Title 5 HR services by developing goals and performance metrics for ICE's HR service centers, using data and metrics to track progress toward goals and make adjustments as necessary to ensure success;
- Serves as senior subject matter expert in Title 5 HR operations ensuring service centers make use of the full range of tools and authorities to meet agency and customer objectives; and
- Serves as nexus between OHC HQ leadership, HQ customer representatives, and the service centers ensuring agency and customer strategic HR priorities are translated into tactical execution in the service centers.
Applicants must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the GS-14 level in the Federal service that included experience such as:
- Serving as senior subject matter expert in Title 5 HR operations ensuring service centers make use of the full range of tools and authorities to meet agency and customer objectives;
- Identifying and resolving bottlenecks in the efficient delivery of Title 5 HR services, including developing, implementing, and tracking organizational performance metrics to measure operational success;
- Interacting with customers to set goals and ensuring goals are successfully executed by subordinate employees;
- Evaluating operations for quality and quantity of work, regulatory compliance and effectiveness of service to management and employees; and
- Serving as nexus between leadership, customer representatives, and service centers ensuring headquarters goals and priorities are efficiently and accurately executed in the service centers.
To learn more or to apply, please consult the vacancy announcement on USA Jobs. This announcement opens on July 30 and closes on August 10.