Location: Rosemead, CA
Edison is seeking an energetic assessment consultant for our Talent & Assessment Programs team in HR. This position will provide expert advice and consultation to all levels of management on strategic testing/assessment issues that have major financial and/or operational impact. Typical responsibilities will include leading multiple projects and consulting with internal business unit clients regarding employee selection/development, leadership assessment, and organizational assessments/job analysis surveys. This consulting role will perform needs assessments and job analysis studies that serve as the basis for assessment/selection tools, competency models, career paths, job re-design, and job progressions. This consulting role will be responsible for developing valid, job- related, and legally defensible assessment/selection tools including job descriptions/postings, technical interviews, aptitude tests, knowledge tests, performance tests/work samples, assessment center exercises, and physical abilities tests.
This position will be responsible for writing validation and related technical reports for assessment-related research projects, partnering and/or managing vendors to develop specialized assessment tools or systems, collaborating and coordinating with all areas of company to address a variety of assessment-related issues including legal, labor relations, and talent acquisition. This role is also responsible for representing the assessment function on large-scale staffing initiatives, obtaining guidance, approval, and support from project sponsors, and providing stakeholders with on-going communication and status reports. This position is expected to be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software applications and statistical computer programs (e.g., SPSS, item analysis program) to develop, maintain, validate, and present the results of assessment tools or functions.
The right person for this role is viewed as a credible team player who collaborates and builds effective working relationships with the other HR Centers of Excellence and Business Partner Teams to deliver superior products and services for our business clients. If you are someone who thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced team environment, possesses superior consulting skills and are interested in working in an environment where continuous improvement is a core value, we are looking for you!
- Master’s degree in I/O Psychology or related field.
- Three years of experience designing and implementing selection and assessment tools including completed graduate coursework in Personnel Selection, Statistics, and Psychometrics or Test Development.
- Doctoral degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field.
- Possesses 5 years of experience as a subject matter expert in assessment and selection strategy and design.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional project teams to create employment tests and/or other types of assessments including leadership/Hi/Po identification.
- Demonstrated experience conducting needs assessments, job analysis, and developing selection tests including interviews, aptitude and knowledge tests, performance tests, assessment centers, and physical abilities tests.
- Demonstrated experience conducting all phases of test validation studies: job analysis, assessment design, pilot testing, criterion measures, and statistical analyses.
- Demonstrated experience conducting research and statistical analyses, including item analysis, ANOVA, correlation, regression, factor analysis, adverse impact, fairness analyses, and utility analysis.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects and consulting with clients, including independently identifying client needs, developing action plans and deliverables, estimating costs/resources, tracking and reporting project performance, and implementing final products/solutions.
- General knowledge of federal, state, and local laws/regulations and professional standards for test development/validation.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately analyze data/information, develop sound recommendations to guide/influence others’ decision making, and identify trends, relationships, and measure impact.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, be accountable for results, and achieve high performance standards/results.
- Demonstrated ability to interface effectively and collaborate with peers, team members, and all levels of management to develop solutions and ensure stakeholder buy-in.
- Strong relationship management and stakeholder engagement skills, with solution-oriented approaches and strong collaboration with HR colleagues and business stakeholders.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to make recommendations and execute on assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service skills, including ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) with analytics to a non-technical audience.
- Knowledge of statistical methods and experience with statistical software (e.g., SAS, SPSS, etc.) to perform test validation studies.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain a safety conscious work environment.
The primary work location for this position is Rosemead, CA.
Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
If you have the qualifications outlined here, please submit your résumé for confidential consideration to Mary Colette Masteller at email@example.com.