We’re looking for a world-class behavioral science expert to advance our efforts to improve the quality of life for millions of professionals around the world. People today live longer, and are wealthier, than ever before, but our happiness is decreasing. At BetterUp, our coaches partner with working professionals to help them thrive both professionally and personally. Our mission is to help every leader pursue their lives with clarity, purpose, and passion.
BetterUp is currently seeking a senior, innovative, experienced, and highly trained behavioral scientist passionate about unlocking human potential through coaching. BetterUp’s SBS will engage with C-suite and VP level executives at Fortune 1000 companies to design novel, transformational coaching programs for their employees. The SBS will be expected to build rapport with senior level executives, advise them on best-practice behavioral solutions to organizational challenges, and strategically manage the relationship using a consultative approach to present solutions mapped to BetterUp offerings.
BetterUp’s SBS will serve as an expert advisor and contributor throughout the sales process. They will provide subject matter expertise to support account executives in educating prospective buyers about BetterUp’s scientific methodology, and in partnering to design each custom deployment. In later stages, BetterUp’s SBS will partner with customer success on operationalizing that design, and on its execution. Over time, they will continue to support that customer as their Chief Behavioral Officer, consulting on expansion opportunities.
In addition, our SBS will drive innovative research efforts to advance the science of coaching and behavior change. In these efforts they will partner both internally, with in-house experts, and externally, with world-class academic teams, to design and execute groundbreaking studies, filling gaps in the knowledge base supporting BetterUp’s work.
At BetterUp you’ll have the opportunity to work side by side with talented, motivated, and intellectually stimulating colleagues who thrive on helping organizations solve their most pressing behavioral business challenges.
- Create innovative, flexible organizational coaching solutions that both meet the needs of each prospect or customer, and suit the goals of our business. SBSs should be able to translate between multiple behavioral disciplines (leadership development; positive psychology; behavioral economics; cognitive neuroscience; motivational science) to create one of a kind, best-in-class solutions for our prospects.
- Drive innovative research in partnership with both internal and external experts in order to advance the science behind our work.
- Demonstrate consistently excellent performance selling prospects and customers on the scientific value of our product, our model, our analytics, and our approach.
- Collaborate seamlessly with account executives to advance prospects to purchasing decisions; and with customer success to execute on the organizational solutions that the SBS designs.
- Display poise and expertise in high-stakes conversations to inspire buyer confidence.
- Demonstrate unerring responsiveness to internal customers, including sales, customer success managers (CSM), and coach ops.
- Professionally nurture external relationships with prospects and customers over time to support sales and expansions.
- Effectively explain complex scientific concepts to laypeople in the form of clear, polished presentations. Support marketing efforts aiming to do the same.
- Think creatively and interdisciplinarily, crossing academic silos to inform innovative solutions.
- Develop a deep understanding of BetterUp’s coaching service and wraparound technology platform.
- Learn continuously to stay on your edge in the relevant scientific literature.
- Flexibly solve prospect challenges, and optimize for business constraints.
- Collaborate without ego, willing to take on small tasks and large.
- Hold a PhD or an MD from a top-tier university in one of the following fields: psychology, cognitive neuroscience, education, behavioral economics, psychiatry (if MD), organizational leadership, organizational development/change.
- Minimum 5 years of business experience, ideally within an HR department or equivalent, with management experience.
- Successful experience creating and guiding novel behavioral initiatives for large organizations.
- Coaching experience a plus.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated desire for continued learning and development across different academic disciplines.
- Full coverage medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited use, at your own discretion, vacation policy
- “Volunteer days” to give back to your local community
- Professional development through BetterUp coaching for you and a significant other
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement and promotion
- Flexible work arrangements
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Apply here: https://www.betterup.co/jobs/?gh_jid=1001838