Society for Human Resources Management
Location: Alexandria, VA
SHRM is looking for a collaborative, energetic, and curious researcher with a passion for advancing the HR profession to join the SHRM research team as a Research Scientist. The team contributes to SHRM’s overarching thought leadership mission to advance the HR profession (and professional) by providing evidence-based insights, recommendations, and innovations at the intersection of people and work. In this position, you will work alongside other researchers to design and conduct large-scale research programs in the following core areas: Organizations & Strategy, Future of Work, Talent Acquisition, and HR Profession and HR Careers. The Research Scientist is responsible for contributing to the production of primary technical deliverables and engages in the conception and production of customer-centric content and practical solutions to operational challenges.
• Conduct, Analyze and Summarize Innovative Research
• Design and implement research and analysis plans
• Collect and analyze data and interpret results, to include application of multivariate and predictive analytics
• Write primary research deliverables such as technical reports, position papers, literature reviews and orally present project findings
• Write, edit, and present SHRM thought leadership content (e.g., publications, webcasts, presentations)
• Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in HR, business, behavioral science, and measurement
• Establish a substantive presence in professional organizations and the HR community by publishing and presenting peer-reviewed papers and research, presenting at or sponsoring conferences and other professional events, and/or volunteering in the leadership of other professional organizations
• Strong foundation in applied research design, test construction and validation, methodology and statistics (using SPSS, SAS, and/or R)
• Superior analytical skills, as demonstrated by a track record problem solving activities
• Excellent oral communication skills, writing, and presentation skills, and a deep interest in developing insights and pragmatic research solutions for practitioners at the intersection of people and work
• Orientation toward continuous improvement, as demonstrated by a proven track record of innovations and contributions to improve the quality, quantity, and consistency of research and associated deliverables
• Candidates should be willing to work on a variety of types of tasks and projects, and possess a desire to learn and develop inventive methods that respond to customer/project needs
• Masters in field related to human resources, industrial-organizational psychology, business or related field required, PhD preferred
• Minimum of 2 years in human capital research, analysis, and dissemination.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
No relocation assistance provided.
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or TDD (703) 548-6990.
The Research Department is the research arm of the society and conducts primary and secondary research on a variety of HR topics including the profession itself. The mission of the research department is to advance the HR profession by providing evidence-based insights, recommendations, and innovations at the intersection of people and work.
Candidates interested in this job can apply here: http://shrm.jobs/alexandria-va/research-scientist/25D661F8EF9449A5ABF9C85B65DB7B11/job/