Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO)
Location: Alexandria, VA
HumRRO, a nonprofit organization, offers exciting challenges and opportunities in a variety of program areas. We are a national leader in providing customized solutions to issues related to strategic human capital management, program evaluation, educational research, program policy and analysis, and other areas that have broad impact.
About the Job
We are seeking an experienced individual to supervise staff, develop proposals, and direct projects for its physical performance assessment and research activities. The individual will directly supervise staff and lead project teams analyzing the physical content and requirements of a variety of jobs and develop physical abilities assessments and medical guidelines for employee selection and retention.
Duties may include:
- Supervising several staff members (e.g., selecting, evaluating performance, coaching, etc.);
- Conducting job and ergonomic analyses and observations of physically demanding jobs;
- Developing physical performance assessments;
- Working with physicians to develop medical guidelines;
- Conducting data collection of physical and physiological measures;
- Performing statistical and other analyses to facilitate the validation of assessments and interpretation of data;
- Preparing technical reports and documenting research results;
- Developing proposals to secure new research contracts.
- Travel within the U.S. approximately 20% of the time, on average.
A master’s degree or doctorate in exercise physiology, industrial-organizational psychology, or a discipline highly related to one of those areas. Coursework in physiological and psychological measurement and statistics.
- A minimum of 8 years contributing to and 4 years directing projects on job analysis, ergonomic analysis, and development and validation of physical performance assessments (e.g., muscular strength and endurance, aerobic capacity, flexibility) for employment selection.
- At least 2 years direct supervisory experience.
- Experience collecting data and administering physical assessments.
- Experience may be with the military, public sector, and/or private sector.
- Experience writing project or grant proposals, delivering presentations, developing test administration manuals, and writing reports to document studies.
- Experience conducting statistical analyses using SPSS, SAS or R.
- Prefer experience training test administrators and/or developing medical standards and guidelines for employment selection and decisions affecting employees’ return to work.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills and professional/technical writing skills.
- Willing to travel 20% of time, on average.
- Knowledge of laws and court decisions affecting the development and application of physical and medical assessments in the workplace (e.g., Americans with Disability Act considered a plus)
- Salary commensurate with education and experience.
- Excellent benefits package.
How to Apply
When applying please refer to Job Announcement JUN17-02.
Please apply on-line at www.humrro.org or send resume along with cover letter to: HumRRO, Attn: Human Resources, 66 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 700, Alexandria, VA 22314: FAX: (703) 548-2861;
All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. EOE