Location: Washington DC
ORTalent is a boutique consulting practice focused on leadership transformation.
With operations in the US and Europe, we are known for our innovative, human and impactful approach to identifying and unlocking leadership potential. We enable clients to future-proof their organizations through strategically selecting and preparing their leadership talent for the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.
We work with leading organizations to:
· Prepare their leaders for growth, transformational change and disruption
· Create rich, immersive simulations of their strategic challenges - both now and in the future - to help them identify, develop, promote and retain the leaders they need to sustain their competitive edge
· Strengthen their leadership pipeline and ensure critical positions are supported by a clear succession strategy
· Ensure leadership alignment around their strategic objectives, desired culture and values
Due to our growth and expansion, ORTalent is currently seeking an experienced Senior Consultant to join our world-class team. The position is based in our Tyson’s Corner, VA office and requires occasional international travel (10%).
As a Sr Consultant with ORTalent, your primary responsibilities will include:
· Consulting and advising clients on all aspects of leadership talent management (hiring, retention, engagement, diversity, succession, development)
· Conducting in-depth assessment of leaders and high potential talent, writing incisive reports and providing feedback to leaders and the organization on our findings
· Success profiling of leadership positions
· Researching the future trends, strategic opportunities and challenges facing our clients
· Designing custom leadership simulations and assessments
· Working with our partners (independent consultants, IT developers, consulting firms, academics, test publishers) to create custom talent management solutions
· Analyzing and validating assessment data
· Marketing and business development activity
· Developing our portfolio of innovative products and services
How you add value
As leaders in their fields, our clients have high expectations of us. They expect us to be there when they need us and to provide them with the insight, honest feedback and support they need to grow, adapt and excel.
Experience tells us that you will be a great fit with ORTalent if:
· You’re personable and masterful at connecting with people.
· You are flexible and committed to working tirelessly with clients to become a trusted advisor and ‘go to’ partner.
· You demonstrate deep insight into leadership and human behavior.
· You’re credible and skillful at developing lasting client relationships at a senior level while managing a portfolio of projects.
· You set the bar high in delivering quality work.
· You’re entrepreneurial, creative and resourceful in pursuit of new business opportunities and new product ideas.
· You’re committed to collaborating with colleagues to create an inspiring place to work.
· You have skills that complement our team’s development gaps. Currently, we are in pressing need of someone who, after a long day’s work, is skilled and decisive in selecting a decent restaurant.
Your experience, skills and qualifications
· Master's degree or above in psychology or a related discipline
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience consulting to organizations at a senior level
· Prior experience supporting organizations in aligning strategy and leadership as well as advising and supporting leaders on development
· Developing and/or administering psychometric assessments
· Prior experience building talent and succession programs that yield consistently high results
· Prior experience leading career path planning
· Strong business development skills and a deep professional network
· Track-record of securing new business opportunities and developing long-term relationships
· Unparalleled listening and communication skills (written, verbal and non-verbal)
· Strong analytical skills
Compensation and Benefits
You can expect competitive compensation, a range of benefits, 25 days vacation and investment in your professional development.
ORTalent is proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/D/V
Please send your resume and a cover letter to craig.simpson@ortalent.