The Pittman McLenagan Group, L.C.
Location: Bethesda, MD
About the Organization
The Pittman McLenagan Group, L.C., a boutique, custom consulting firm specializing in selection and training assessment including job analysis, test development, validation, implementation and administration and training design and delivery.
We are located minutes from Washington, D.C., in Bethesda, Maryland.
We are a team-oriented group but require independent effort as well.
We are looking for energetic, technically adept, effective problem solvers interested in their work making a difference.
About the Job
In this position you will be responsible for performing technical aspects of the job but may be asked to coordinate sub-components of the project as needed. Current projects include job simulation development, written exam construction, physical ability assessment, and video exercise development and administration involving clients in a variety of sectors (e.g., firefighters, police officers, skilled laborers, professional positions).
This position involves a wide variety of activities, which change from day to day. A typical month could include focus groups, data analysis, job shadowing for job analysis purposes, rater error training, assessment center development and administration, and survey research.
This position does not require active participation in academic research.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in I/O psychology
- Experience conducting or assisting in conducting job analyses in multiple environments
- Experience developing or assisting in the development of assessment tools
- Experience planning and conducting data analysis using statistical analysis software (e.g., SPSS or Minitab)
- Deep understanding of basic statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, effect size, regression)
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills
- Desire to learn and be challenged and enjoy working as part of a team
- Proficient in using PC-based word processing, database, presentation, spreadsheet and e-mail software
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines, and to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Experience working directly with internal/external clients
- Project management experience
- Experience programming in Access
How to Apply
The position may require obtaining a government security clearance.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé and a cover letter to:
Mike McLenagan, The Pittman McLenagan Group, L.C., 6626 A Wilson Lane, Bethesda, MD 20817, or email@example.com