American Nurses Association
Location: Silver Spring, MD
About the Job
As a Research Associate, you will support item and test development, assist with national job analyses, conduct statistical analyses, and draft reports.
- Assist with national job analyses as the basis for valid, reliable, and legally defensible ANCC certification exams, portfolio programs, and certificate programs. Prepare materials for in-person focus groups and linkage exercises, program surveys, and analyze job analysis data. Help develop resulting task lists, knowledge and skills lists, and test blueprints (i.e., test content outlines).
- Analyze data and draft reports to facilitate item writing; item reviews; item updates; exam standard setting; meeting/program evaluation; portfolio rater evaluation; updates to ANCC commissions, ANCC boards, and external groups; and application for accreditation.
- Maintain documentation. Draft comprehensive, summary, and other statistical reports that meet accreditation standards. Coordinate with ANCC colleagues and vendors to develop reports documenting item functioning and exam performance. Maintain and update written procedures pertinent to the position and all necessary documentation in support of ISO accreditation requirements.
- Develop and maintain avenues for retrieving and housing statistical data. Gather and export data and create databases of statistical information.
- Perform proof-reading and functionality checks (i.e., client review function) for all assessments scheduled for administration by ANCC’s test administrator vendor.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the department’s objectives and strategic goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in psychology, research and statistics, psychometrics, or related field.
- One year in assessment development, psychometrics, applied statistics, or equivalent.
- Research design and completion
- Survey development and administration, and data analysis
- Oral and written communication
- Use of office computer software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Analytical thinking
- Technical report writing
- Ability to organize, manage, and complete multiple ongoing projects and tasks
- Accurately attend to details
- Adapt to changing priorities and work demands
- Take initiative; work autonomously with limited supervision
- Work collaboratively and effectively within a team
Preferred Skills & Experience (not required to meet minimum qualifications)
Master’s degree in psychology, research and statistics, psychometrics, or related field. Experience with item banking software, with statistical software (e.g., SAS, SPSS), and in licensure or certification for a professional association, national testing agency, educational institution, or regulatory agency.
How to Apply
This position is in immediate need of filling. If interested, please apply online at https://rew11.ultipro.com/AME1053/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*77DCC5364C2CA62C