Independent Project Analysis, Inc. (IPA)
Location: Ashburn, VA
About the Organization
Independent Project Analysis, Inc. (IPA) improves the competitiveness of our customers through enabling more effective use of capital in their businesses. It is our mission and unique competence to conduct research into the functioning of capital projects and project systems and to apply the results of that research to help our customers create and use their capital assets more efficiently.
IPA is a global company with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, Brazil and Singapore. Our headquarters in Ashburn, Virginia has an opening for an Organizations and Teams research analyst who can contribute to studying how people related factors influence projects.
IPA’s Organizations and Teams area is an exciting and rapidly growing area of the company. We leverage organizational expertise and unmatched data to understand the impact of individual, team, and organizational practices on capital project performance.
About the Job
General responsibilities for the position include analyzing data, conducting research, developing products, writing reports, and giving client presentations. More specifically, the Organizations and Teams research analyst will work on studies related to organizational design, team composition, and competency, among other topics. The analyst will collaborate with cross-functional groups within IPA and work directly with clients to address their questions and needs.
- Master’s degree in Industrial / Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, or a related field of study
- Ability to manage projects / research independently
- Proven ability to turn an abstract concept or idea into something actionable
- Positive attitude and willingness to work in a team
- Track record of finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Flexibility in thought / approach (as opposed to a rigid perspective)
- Strong intellectual curiosity - a desire to learn and apply new things
- Understanding of research methods and statistics
- Prior applied research or consulting experience in Industrial / Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 2-5 years of experience in a field related to Industrial / Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, or Organizational Behavior
- Experience with direct client engagement
- Knowledge or experience with capital projects
- Proficient with statistical software (knowledge of STATA® is preferred)
- Ph.D. in Industrial / Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, or a related field of study is required
How to Apply
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, stable employment and a long-term career path for professional growth and development. Along with your resume, please include a cover letter that explains why you are a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.