Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
Location: Arlington, VA
Open Period: 10/24/2016 to 11/8/2016
About the Job
This Personnel Psychologist position is located in the Assessment branch of the Strategic Organizational Design and Assessments Division, Office of Human Capital (OHC), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected for this position, you will be serving as the lead on assessment-related projects to address complex human capital issues in support of TSA's mission. Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing project plans, milestones, managing resources, and directing project support staff and contractors. Leading all phases of project execution to ensure high quality and timely deliverables.
- Planning and conducting comprehensive Job analyses and competency modeling studies requiring extensive research, literature reviews, and focus groups to support effective data collection, survey design, and subsequent data analysis.
- Developing and validating tests for use in selection and certification testing. Developing performance criteria and collecting data for criterion-related validity studies. Analyzing tests for validity, reliability, adverse impact, and differential prediction. Developing norms and standards for use in employment decisions.
- Designing and conducting TSA-wide surveys to assess workforce attitudes and measure issues such as satisfaction, retention, and employee engagement. Analyzing survey data and preparing briefings/reports of findings and making recommendations for action planning.
- Serving as technical expert on employee assessment and overseeing contract support on assessment projects. Communicating technical information to a wide variety of audiences, including TSA leadership, management, and stakeholders. Collaborating with project team, stakeholders, and contractors to conduct assessment projects.
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- You must complete a favorable Background Investigation (BI).
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Selective Service registration is required.
BASIC REQUIREMENT: Applicants must have a four year degree with a major or equivalent in Psychology for this position. You must attach copies of your transcripts to this application to verify your degree(s). These can be unofficial copies.
To qualify for the SV-I Pay Band (equivalent to GS-13), you must have one year of specialized experience at the SV-H Pay Band or GS-12 in the Federal service equivalent experience in the private sector. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE is defined as experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Specialized Experience is defined as:
- Experience applying industrial/organizational psychology, and demonstrated experience in at least one (1) of the following areas: applying test theory (i.e., classical test theory, item response theory) and psychometric methodology;
- Experience developing and validating personnel tests (e.g., cognitive assessments, situational judgment tests, personality measures); AND
- Experience applying organizational survey techniques to develop and analyze large-scale personnel surveys (i.e., attitudinal measures, job analysis surveys).
National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience): Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
How to Apply
For a full description of both positions and to apply, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/454240600/ and https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/454241100/