American Nurses Association
Location: Silver Spring, MD
About the Job
This role provides managerial services for assessment development and psychometric work regarding ANCC certification, ensuring assessments are valid, reliable, and legally defensible. The incumbent provides oversight of project timelines and associated budget, quality, and accreditation requirements for all assessment development activities.
- Supervise staff that includes Senior Editors, Assessment Development Scientists, and Research Associates. Manage, monitor, counsel, and evaluate staff activities related to (1) job analyses; (2) items/forms development and maintenance; (3) content expert panel (CEP) meetings; and (4) exam statistics; and (5) quality control. Provide expert advice and oversight on survey, test development, data analysis, and job analysis methodology.
- Monitor the quality of assessment development, data analyses, and psychometric work to ensure high-quality, on-time project completion. Oversee research and responses to issues with exam content, quality, or challenges. Review assessment drafts and monitor summary statistics for and psychometric properties of the assessments. Ensure all ANCC assessment development and psychometric practices are consistently applied and work with department leadership on transitioning new exams into the maintenance process.
- Monitor quality of all reports, such as technical (e.g., role delineation) and psychometric reports to ensure they meet department SOP, work instruction, and applicable accreditation requirements. Ensure compliance with accreditation requirements of ANCC certification programs.
- Ensure ANCC is using up-to-date, best practice assessment development and psychometric processes. Review literature, attend conferences, review department procedures, and update department procedures as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the department’s objectives and strategic goals.
Master’s degree in industrial-organizational (I/O) psychology, testing and measurement, psychometrics, research and statistics, or related field.
Related Work Experience
Five years in assessment development, job analysis, psychometrics, or equivalent. Three years of project management and staff management/team lead experience.
Test construction, development of alternative items, and test validation; job analysis; research design and completion, survey development and administration, and data analysis; meeting facilitation; oral and written communication; use of office computer software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and statistical software (e.g., SAS, SPSS); staff and project management; analytical thinking and problem solving; public relations and customer service; and technical report writing.
Ability to organize, manage, and complete multiple ongoing projects and tasks; accurately attend to details; adapt to changing priorities and work demands; take initiative; work autonomously with limited supervision; and work collaboratively and effectively within a team.
How to Apply
Interested candidates will be considered immediately. TO apply, visit the full job posting at: https://rew11.ultipro.com/AME1053/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*4DFAB71DC6DA8B62