Office of Personnel Management
Location: Washington DC, DC
Work Schedule is Full Time - Indefinite
Opened Monday 7/18/2016
Closes Friday 7/22/2016
About the Organization
The U.S. Office of Personnel Management is the President's agent and advisor for the Government's human resources management systems. Our key responsibility is to ensure these systems support agencies in recruiting, hiring and retaining a merit-based, high-quality, diverse workforce necessary to meet the needs of the American people.
About the Job
This Intern position is part of the Pathways Program within the Office of Personnel Management, Planning and Policy Analysis (PPA), Survey Analysis Group. The Pathways Internship Program targets students accepted for enrollment or currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program in an accredited educational institution, on at least a half-time basis. At the successful conclusion of this program, you may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to a Federal career or career-conditional position.
PPA provides direct support to the Director, U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and the agency in the analysis of policy options, administrative and legislative initiatives. The organization is also responsible for providing the Director with the analyses needed to assess trends and issues impacting OPM, other Federal agencies and departments, and the Federal workforce. Survey Analysis is responsible for overseeing the administration and analysis of Government-wide Federal employee surveys. This group ensures surveys conducted by OPM use proper techniques (sampling, question design, etc.) and that results of surveys are analyzed in a timely methodologically sound manner. Additionally, this group is responsible for conducting research that links employee engagement to performance outcomes across the Federal Government that specifically focuses on program outcome goals.
- Assists teams in executing research and data analysis;
- Apply survey and research data analysis techniques in areas of human resource, program management, and strategic workforce management;
- Assists team members and other internal and external OPM organizational groups on projects that have survey research or data analysis implications;
- Assist with some phases of the research and data analysis process;
- Assist with disseminating results of research projects in a wide range of venues, including publications, peer reviewed journals, summary manuscripts, and special reports;
- Works as an assistant and team member to ensure the smooth operation of projects;
- Maintains liaison with representatives of other organizations to keep abreast of developments in the application of mathematical statistical techniques to surveys.
- Suitable for Federal employment, determined by a background investigation
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service
- Relevant experience (see Qualifications below)
- Intern Program Eligible (see Intern Eligibility below)
- U.S. Citizen
To be qualified for this position, applicants must meet the following program requirement:
- Enrolled or accepted for enrollment and seeking a degree (diploma, certificate, degree) in a qualifying education institution, on a full or half-time bases (as defined by the institution in which the student is enrolled).
Salary Range: $43,684.00 to $56,790.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0399-07/07
How to Apply
To apply for this position, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/444975800/