Transportation Security Administration
Location: Arlington, VA
Open Period: 7/7/2016 to 7/20/2016
Salary: $91,747.00 - $142,203.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: SV-1712-G/H
About the Job
This Personnel Psychologist position is located in the Workforce Assessments Branch of the Planning, Assessments, and Classification Division, Office of Human Capital (OHC) Human Capital Policy and Management Directorate, Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected for this position, you will serve as the principal lead for employee surveys, responsible for managing the survey program and leading the survey team to conduct large-scale surveys (i.e., samples >1000) of employee attitudes and behaviors. Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing valid and reliable survey items to measure employee engagement, satisfaction, and related attitudes, as well as collect information to support job analyses.
- Coordinating survey administration and data collection across the agency.
- Conducting complex statistical analyses on survey data.
- Developing theories based on research literature and testing models to understand and predict employee engagement, satisfaction, attrition, and related attitudes and behaviors.
- Interpreting survey results to develop recommendations for leadership and inform action planning.
- Interpreting data and communicating technical information (e.g., results, recommendations) to non-technical and senior level audiences.
The major duties described above reflect the full performance level of this position. Typically, the lower Pay Band (Pay Band G) performs the same duties but will receive more guidance and training; and/or projects/work assignments may be less complex.
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- You must complete a favorable Background Investigation (BI).
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Selective Service registration is required.
BASIC REQUIREMENT: Applicants must have a four year degree with a major or equivalent in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or a related field, for this position. You must attach copies of your transcripts to this application to verify your degree(s). These can be unofficial copies.
To qualify for the SV-J Pay Band (equivalent to GS-14), you must have one year of specialized experience at the SV-I Pay Band or GS-13 in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE is defined as experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience includes applying knowledge of industrial/organizational psychology and demonstrated experience in developing and analyzing large-scale personnel surveys.
How to Apply:
For a full description and to apply, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/443910600/