American Nurses Association
Location: Silver Spring, MD
About the Job
Assessment Development Scientists ensure validity, reliability, and psychometric soundness of all certification programs, including exams, portfolio programs, and certificate programs, conduct national job analyses; train raters; and examine certificate programs. They also support item and test development, monitor item functioning and psychometric properties of forms, and facilitate standard setting meetings.
- Plan and conduct national job analyses as the basis for valid, reliable, and legally defensible ANCC certification exams, portfolio programs, and certificate programs. Coordinate with colleagues and content experts to enable recruitment and selection of volunteers. Facilitate focus groups; develop, administer, and analyze surveys; and facilitate linkage exercises and analyze data. Develop resulting task lists, knowledge and skills lists, and test blueprints (i.e., test content outlines).
- Plan and conduct meetings with content expert panels to facilitate item writing, reviews, and updates. Coordinate with ANCC colleagues and content experts to enable recruitment and selection of experts; facilitate meetings; prepare meeting materials and review materials prepared by ANCC colleagues; and provide post-meeting summary reports to department leadership.
- Provide psychometric services. Monitor and evaluate item and exam performance. Perform statistical analyses and review psychometric properties of the assessments. Provide ANCC colleagues with psychometric support to facilitate item writing, reviews, and updates.
- Prepare comprehensive, summary, and other statistical reports that meet accreditation standards. Document in comprehensive (i.e., technical) reports supporting literature, methodology, and results from job analyses and standard setting meetings. Coordinate with ANCC colleagues and vendors to develop reports documenting item functioning and exam performance.
- Oversee exam field testing and development of final forms. Coordinate with ANCC colleagues, content experts, and vendors to enable recruitment and selection of volunteers, form building, test administration, data analysis, and exam evaluation.
- Ensure compliance with industry best practice and accreditation requirements of ANCC certification programs. Ensure all ANCC assessment development and psychometric practices are documented and consistently applied. Maintain all necessary documentation in support of ISO accreditation requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned to support the department’s objectives and strategic goals.
Master’s degree or equivalent in industrial-organizational (I/O) psychology, testing and measurement, psychometrics, research and statistics, or related field.
Related Work Experience
Three years of full-time professional experience, with minimum one year of project management and two years of assessment development, job analysis, psychometrics, or equivalent.
Test construction, development of alternative items, and test validation; job analysis; research design and completion, survey development and administration, and data analysis; meeting facilitation; oral and written communication; use of office computer software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and statistical software (e.g., SAS, SPSS); analytical thinking; public relations and customer service; and writing technical reports.
Ability to organize, manage, and complete multiple ongoing projects and tasks; accurately attend to details; adapt to changing priorities and work demands; take initiative; work autonomously with limited supervision; and work collaboratively and effectively within a team.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit the job posting and apply through the portal: https://rew11.ultipro.com/AME1053/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*4C59394BE9714ED0