National Science Foundation
Location: Arlington, VA
About the Job
The NSF Strategic Human Capital Planning Branch within the Division of Human Resource Management is seeking a talented individual to work as an Organizational Evaluation & Assessment Researcher. This key team member will work in the area of strategic human capital planning. You will collaborate with agency leadership to assess and develop employee engagement strategies and guide action planning. You will design and implement research and analyze related to organizational effectiveness, employee engagement, diversity and inclusion, and other key workforce topics. . NSF offers a unique perspective as a small agency supporting flexibility and innovation in human capital. You will have the opportunity to gain insight into a myriad of Federal human capital programs (i.e. Diversity and Inclusion, GPRA-MA, HRstat, Employee Engagement, Hiring for Excellence) that intersect with agency objectives, employee attitudes identified in the Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey, changing business processes, and an increasingly virtual workforce. NSF is committed to exploring innovative programs, results-oriented business practices, and data driven decision-making.
The Organizational Evaluation & Assessment Researcher will:
- Serve as a subject matter expert to agency leadership on organizational effectiveness, research design, employee engagement, and change management
- Implement solutions and practices that develop NSF’s data-driven human capital management capabilities
- Conduct literature reviews to identify best practices and/or alternative solutions to address organizational effectiveness, employee engagement and human capital issues
- Advise on the integration of human capital data analytics and improve evaluation metrics
- Transfer knowledge of analytical and assessment methods to Federal staff to support long-term continuity service
Candidates must have a Ph.D. in Industrial & Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, Sociology, Management, or related field, plus, after award of the Ph.D., four or more years of experience with organizational research design, integrating survey and workforce data, and organizational performance metrics and analysis; OR a Master’s degree in Industrial & Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, Sociology, or related field, plus, after award of the degree, six or more years of experience with organizational research design, visualization, integrating survey and workforce data, and organizational performance metrics and analyses.
Additional desired attributes include:
- Experience developing program evaluation metrics and indices
- Experience assessing the organizational impact of employee engagement
- Experience assessing and developing linkages between employee satisfaction, employee engagement, and employee performance
- Ability to assess and analyze impacts of seemingly disparate initiatives on one another, and to identify opportunities for integration and developing synergy between initiatives
- Experience conducting or integrating cultural assessments into recommendations for addressing identified challenge areas
- Familiarity with institutional/organizational change research and its application
- Experience with survey methodology, design and analysis
This position will be filled under the Intergovernmental Personnel Act (IPA). For an IPA assignment, the individual remains on the payroll of his/her home institution and the institution continues to administer pay and benefits. NSF will reimburse the institution for NSF’s negotiated share of the costs. Individuals eligible for an IPA assignment include employees of State and local government agencies, institutions of higher education, Indian tribal governments, federally funded research and development centers and qualified nonprofit organizations.
For more information about IPA assignments, visit our website at http://www.nsf.gov/careers/. Or use this link https://www.nsf.gov/careers/rotator/ipa.jsp.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit the announcement on USA Jobs: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/439572000/