Location: Fort Meade, MD
About the Organization
ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) partners with government and commercial clients to deliver professional services and technology solutions in the energy and climate change; environment and infrastructure; health, human services, and social programs; and homeland security and defense markets. The firm combines passion for its work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from research and analysis through implementation and improvement. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 5,000 employees serve these clients worldwide.
About the Job
The Research Scientist Manager shall provide needs assessment support services to identify performance gaps. Conduct, develop, and develop Needs Assessment Plans utilizing assessment methodology based on the industry accepted models. Identify training needs, as well as provide job task, training gap analysis, and qualitative/quantitative analysis including organizing, displaying, describing data, examining relationships, and recommending solutions. This position will have less than 5% travel.
- Develop Needs Assessment Plans specifying the assessment methodology and purpose, data collection strategy, data collection instruments, analysis plan, target audience, and project implementation timeline.
- Develop Career Roadmap(s).
- Conduct and document Job Analyses.
- Measure the impact of learning interventions on job and organizational performance by applying the appropriate evaluation and research models and methods (i.e. Kirkpatrick and Phillips evaluation models).
- Apply Kirkpatrick and Phillips evaluation models to measure the impact of learning interventions on job and organizational performance.
- Conduct program evaluations that assess alignment of content, program objectives, and outcomes with performance improvement and business goals and objectives.
- Apply appropriate evaluation and research models and methods to include data analysis, psychometric analysis, and trend analysis.
- Provide survey support services comprised of conducting and implementing research, design, development, delivery, implementation and analysis of the intended activity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, or a directly related field with an emphasis on assessment and evaluation research design, methods and analysis, and 4 years of experience. In lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree, an additional 8 years experience is required for a total of 8 years’ experience.
- Minimum 4 years experience in the following: Training or appropriate education in Research Psychology, Social Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Industrial or Organizational Psychology, or any other related fields with an emphasis on assessment and evaluation research design, methods, and analysis
- Implementing needs assessment and evaluations focused on human performance
- Educational program design and evaluation
- Demonstrated performance implementing interview techniques, focus groups, data collection and analysis, report writing, and written/graphic presentations
- Minimum 4 years experience conducting survey services. 2 years experience within the past 3 years in the following: Survey consultation and research development, interview techniques, focus groups, data collection and analysis, survey management, report writing, and written/graphic presentations
- Current and active High Level Government Clearance
- Survey design, development, delivery, and implementation
- Report writing and written/graphical presentation(s)
- Training or appropriate education in Educational Research, Instructional Design, Industrial, or any directly related fields
- Identifying human performance gaps and non-training related barriers
- Educational program design and evaluation
- Demonstrated performance in interview techniques, survey design, focus groups, data collection and analysis, report writing, and written/graphic presentations
- Development and implementation of evaluation strategies
- Applying Kirkpatrick and Phillips evaluation models
- Training or appropriate education in Research Psychology, Social Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Educational Research, Instructional Design, Industrial/Organizational Psychology or directly related fields with an emphasis on applied research and program evaluation
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing administrative support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary and confidential information
- Ability to apply detailed knowledge of organizational procedures to make independent decisions and serve as a credible resource for a senior management team
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to be flexible to handle multiple priorities and to work limited overtime as necessary
How to Apply
To apply, please visit http://www.icfi.com/careers and search for job number 1500002623.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce. ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EEO/AA – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities).