Location: Chevy Chase, MD
About the Organization
GEICO is one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers. Our company is a household name known for its clever marketing, low rates and outstanding customer service. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we've been consistently rated superior for financial strength.
About the Job
Are you a talented, experienced I/O professional ready to join GEICO's team of Industrial and Organizational Psychologists? Based in the corporate office in the Washington, DC metro area, this group develops, validates, and implements employee selection tools to enhance GEICO's ability to hire the best qualified candidates. As a Selection Analyst, you will not only develop and validate selection tools, but you'll also ensure effective execution by training associates from across the country to effectively administer our hiring process.
The ideal applicant will have 3-5 years of hands on experience working to develop and validate selection instruments. This is a highly analytical position that requires a unique skill set of excellent data analysis, technical, communication, and interpersonal competencies.
As a selection systems analyst, your main responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing, and implementing company-wide employee selection tools used during GEICO’s hiring process for new sales, customer service, and claims associates. Selection tools include interviews, assessments (personality, bio-data, critical thinking, computer skills, etc.) and work samples.
- Analyzing selection process results and reporting on those results to management, at both a corporate and regional level.
- Serving as a subject matter expert in the area of selection, and providing professional support and guidance to internal customers regarding selection issues.
- Training and coaching human resources managers and hiring teams within 12 regional call centers on employment law issues and effective interviewing techniques and use of selection tools.
This job may require 10-15% travel to our regional offices.
- Advanced degree in I/O psychology, PhD preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience working directly in an applied setting designing, implementing, and/or validating employee selection tools.
- Background in or advanced coursework in employee selection, and knowledge of relevant employment law
- Proficiency with SPSS and/or SAS and Excel
How to Apply
To apply, please visit www.geico.jobs and complete an application for job opening #150000P4 in Chevy Chase, MD.