Location: Chevy Chase, MD
About the Job
GEICO is seeking an experienced Manager to lead our Selection Systems function. This team is responsible for assisting GEICO in our mission to identify and hire talented new associates. The position will be at either the Director or Senior Manager level depending on experience and qualifications.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Professionally designing, validating, and implementing best-in-class selection tools (interviews, tests, and job simulations, etc.) and processes to help fuel our quickly growing business with highly talented associates
- Utilizing technology to improve results and streamline the tools and processes
- Analyzing selection process results and conducting validation studies
- Training regional users and overseeing the execution of the process
- Ensuring appropriate management information and reporting to effectively manage the processes;
- Providing professional support and guidance to internal customers regarding selection issues
- Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field preferred; at least I/O Master’s degree required
- 3 -5 years applied experience in employment selection tool design, development, and/or validation
- 2 -3 years demonstrated management experience and ability to work effectively with diverse levels & teams
- Initiative and willingness to handle a variety of tasks, manage change, and drive results in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Knowledge of relevant employment law
- Strong research, data analysis, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills are critical
- Ability to use SAS and/or SPSS for Windows
- Experience managing large data sets in Excel is a plus
- Ability to travel up to 20% within the U.S.
How to Apply
To apply, please visit www.geico.jobs and search for this job opening.