Location: Washington, DC
About the Organization
Founded in 1981, Kaiser Associates is an international strategy consulting firm that serves as a key advisor to the world’s leading companies, including 15 of the Forbes Global 50. We provide clients with the unique insight to drive critical decision making and solve their most pressing problems. We are dedicated to helping leading corporations improve their performance and achieve sustained profitable growth.
About the Job
Kaiser’s growing Organization Development (OD) practice is seeking a strategic thinker with proven project management, delivery, and business development skills in the area(s) of organization development, human capital strategic planning, performance management, communication and change management, and/or organizational design and effectiveness.
Principals at Kaiser balance their day-to-day responsibilities between project management, project delivery, and business development. They are expected to develop solid working relationships with multiple contacts at their clients and begin to build a network outside a delivery context. In engagements that require high levels of analysis and/or in-person client management/facilitation, the Principal plays a key role in these aspects of project delivery and are always responsible for the ultimate quality of our work. They bring higher levels of thought leadership to bear on client engagements and leverage learnings from one engagement to the next as well as in developing “building block” Intellectual Capital (IC). Principals begin to leverage thought leadership for business development purposes with existing and new clients. As a core member of a practice, the Principal is expected to engage in practice planning discussions and be responsible for leading some aspects of business development for the team. Principals are also expected to demonstrate a keen interest and understanding of the topics and trends they cover.
As a Principal in Kaiser’s OD practice you’ll be supported and challenged by Kaiser’s entrepreneurial, meritocratic culture that offers unparalleled personal and professional growth opportunities for high-performers.
- Balancing project management, project delivery, and business development responsibilities
- Managing engagements from start to finish, including team oversight and preparation of documents for client presentations
- Analyzing research and client-provided information to develop conclusions and recommendations
- Writing client-ready presentations and delivering powerful, effective business presentations
- Conducting client interviews and research
- Facilitating client working sessions and process design workshops
- Serving as key point of contact between team, senior officers of the firm, and clients
- Developing and bringing thought leadership to bear for business development purposes with existing and new clients
- Engaging in practice planning discussions, including practice strategy and marketing discussion
- Responsible for professional development of team members
- B.S./B.A. degree from a 4-year accredited college or university in any discipline
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Organization Development, Human Resources, Organizational Behavioral, Industrial / Organizational Psychology or a related discipline highly preferred
- 5-7 years of consulting experience at a top management consulting firm
- Business research and analysis experience, with demonstrated ability to synthesize data and draw accurate, logical conclusions
- Experience working with senior business leaders
- High level of self-motivation and energy, including ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Confidence, maturity and poise, as well as positive, “can do” attitude
- Comfort working with and leading groups, as well as sensitivity to individual, group and organizational dynamics
- Creative, “big picture” thinking while maintaining keen attention to detail
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word)
How to Apply
Apply online via: http://bit.ly/KAapply_ODPrincipal16. Please reference “PTCMW” as your referral source.