Location: Ashburn, VA
Independent Project Analysis, Inc. (IPA)
About the Organization
Independent Project Analysis, Inc. (IPA) improves the competitiveness of our customers through enabling more effective use of capital in their businesses. It is our mission and unique competence to conduct research into the functioning of capital projects and project systems and to apply the results of that research to help our customers create and use their capital assets more efficiently.
IPA is a global company with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, The Netherlands, China, Australia, Brazil and Singapore. Our client portfolio includes most of the leading companies in the process industries around the world. The IPA project databases are unique and serve as one of the most comprehensive sources of capital project experience in existence.
About the Job
IPA’s Organizations and Teams area is an exciting and rapidly growing area of the company. We leverage organizational expertise and unmatched data to understand the impact of team, system, and organizational practices on capital project performance. Our headquarters in Ashburn, Virginia has openings for Organizations and Teams research analysts who can contribute to studying how people related factors influence the effective use of capital. Major responsibilities include analyzing data, conducting research, developing products, writing reports and giving client presentations.
We are looking for bright candidates of strong character who are seeking a long-term career opportunity.
- Master’s degree in Industrial / Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, or a related field of study
- Ability to manage projects / research independently
- Proven ability to turn an abstract concept or idea into something actionable
- Positive attitude and willingness to work in a team
- Track record of finding creative solutions to complex problems
- Flexibility in thought / approach (as opposed to a rigid perspective)
- Strong intellectual curiosity - a desire to learn and apply new things
- Prior knowledge of statistical software is desirable (knowledge of STATA® is preferred)
- Prior applied research or consulting experience in Industrial / Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 2-5 years of experience in a field related to Industrial / Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, or Organizational Behavior
- Experience with direct client engagement
- Knowledge or experience with capital projects
- Ph.D. in Industrial / Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, or a related field of study is required
How to Apply
Along with your resume, please include a cover letter that explains why you are a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.