Location: Arlington, VA
CEB, Talent Management Labs
About the Organization
CEB is a best practice insight and technology company. The Talent Management Group at CEB is a primary line of business focused on helping our customers set their talent strategies and meet their talent management goals in employee assessment, selection, development, and performance management. Our products improve business performance by allowing our customers to realize the value and potential of people.
CEB’s Talent Management Lab is the principle Research and Development (R&D) arm of CEB’s Talent Management Group. The Lab conducts research in the field of Talent Management and is tasked with ensuring that CEB’s products are based on the most advanced, and applicable, science.
About the Job
CEB (NYSE: CEB) is seeking an experienced psychometrician, data scientist, and/or researcher to join our team as a Research Scientist (RS). The Research Scientist is a core role on the Talent Management (TM) Labs team and is responsible for working on a variety, and potentially multiple, projects. In this position, the RS will be asked to take a primary role in a number of projects seeking to create practical talent management insight from our growing talent data assets. The RS will be part of team dedicated to collecting, measuring, modeling, and predicting talent-related outcomes – using both primary data and aggregate combinations of CEB’s growing talent-related data assets. This role will require strong quantitative research and data management skills. It will also require strong “network performance,” which includes coordinating with multiple internal departments, senior stakeholders, and team members to complete their work.
Serve as a principal contributor to Talent Management Data Lab projects by:
- Leading efforts to define and apply new talent related metrics and measures – including new methods and data taxonomies.
- Leading efforts to develop and advance data collection standards for contextual (demographic, firmographic, etc.) data.
- Help define and establish firm-wide metric standards, including benchmarks, norms and outcome measures.
- Driving development and global adoption of standardized, integrated approaches to measuring, modeling and applying data for clients using CEB products and services, particularly personality and competency assessments
- Building and testing predictive models for talent outcomes of interest to executives, with an initial focus on selection analytics for use in hiring.
- Managing and coaching one or two direct reports in their work to develop and deploy domain-specific data assets in a Big Data environment
Serve as a supporting contributor to larger Talent Management Lab projects by:
- Designing and applying instruments to collect and prepare data in support of research, validation and development projects.
- Executing advanced model testing and analysis using multiple analytic methods from statistics, econometrics, forecasting, etc.
- Collaborating with other researchers and research teams to ensure all research conforms to the highest quality standards and is aligned with similar or relevant work happening across CEB.
- Presenting research findings to internal stakeholders and clients.
Advanced degree in an applied research oriented discipline, with experience in quantitative research on, and the management of large data sets.
- Preferred: PhD or equivalent in Psychometrics, Applied Statistics, Mathematics or a quantitatively oriented Social Science discipline, including Policy Analysis, Industrial & Organizational Psychology, and Economics, with 1-3 years demonstrated experience conducting research on large data sets in an applied setting.
- Considered: Masters in the Social Sciences (as above), with at least 3 years demonstrated experience conducting research on large data sets in an applied setting.
Applied research experience should focus on advanced measurement and modeling in support of business management, workforce management, and social and/or policy analysis. Including activities such as:
- Collecting, managing (improving) and analyzing both structured and unstructured data.
- Creating and validating measures of complex variables and or constructs for use in research and modeling.
- Hypothesis generation and testing using established analytical models and techniques, with required expertise in linear regression/general linear models, exploratory and confirmatory factor analysis, and structural equation modeling.
- Additional expertise in cost-benefit analysis, decision analysis, hierarchical linear modeling, time series analysis, psychometrics, cluster analysis, and mixture modeling preferred.
- Evaluating solutions, policies, and identifying best practice management solutions
Qualifications and demonstrated proficiency in:
- Using statistical, data management and visualization applications, such as R, Python and D3
- Working in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Conceiving and executing research projects and tasks.
- Interpreting the practical utility and significance of results of analyses to business executives
- Communicating findings and recommendations to executive and expert audiences in reports and presentations
- Managing a small team of direct reports.
- Data Science or a clearly articulated interest in developing the relevant skills
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, you MUST apply to CEB’s Careers website: https://ceb.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=53410. Please reference job number 53410.