Location: Arlington, VA
CEB, Talent Management Labs
About the Organization
CEB is a best practice insight and technology company. The Talent Management Group at CEB is a primary line of business focused on helping our customers set their talent strategies and meet their talent management goals in employee assessment, selection, development, and performance management. Our products improve business performance by allowing our customers to realize the value and potential of people.
CEB’s Talent Management Lab is the principle Research and Development (R&D) arm of CEB’s Talent Management Group. The Lab conducts research in the field of Talent Management and is tasked with ensuring that CEB’s products are based on the most advanced, and applicable, science.
About the Job
CEB (NYSE: CEB) is seeking to add a trained researcher or analyst to our team as either a Senior Research Analyst (SRAN) or Research Analyst (RAN) – role depending on demonstrated skills and experience. SRANs and RANs are core contributors on the Talent Management Labs team. They support our Research Scientists in conducting of a wide variety of research and development projects across the Labs and CEB by providing research, analytical and data management support as part of a research/project team. Lab projects are directed at creating new talent management insights (frameworks and models); developing analytic and data capabilities; or “proving” the viability of new technologies and techniques for CEB’s core business lines. This role will require strong “network performance;” which includes coordinating with multiple internal departments, senior stakeholders, and team members to complete their work.
SRANs and RANs are expected to:
- Act as a dedicated contributor to Talent Management Labs research projects, which can include:
- Supporting research on major talent management topics – including leadership, performance management, workforce planning, employee retention, etc.
- Assisting with R&D to develop new assessment solutions or techniques – including measurement of personality, cognition, and behavior.
- Helping to build and test analytic models to predict talent management outcomes – including employee performance, retention, “job fit,” engagement, etc.
- Conduct literature reviews and online research to assist in research design and scoping
- Help create instruments to collect data in support of multiple research, validation and development projects.
- Support advanced model testing and analysis using multiple methods from statistics, econometrics, forecasting, etc.
- Collaborate with other researchers and research teams to ensure all research tasks are completed to the highest quality standards.
- Serve as a cross-team resource -- providing support to multiple research project and helping to ensure cross-project consistency and learning.
- Write and revise technical documents as required to summarize project findings and implications.
- Help create presentations of research findings for delivery to internal stakeholders and clients.
Education, Experience and Qualifications
Degree in a research oriented discipline, with experience in quantitative research and methods.
- Preferred: MA/MS in Policy Analysis, Industrial & Organizational Psychology, Political Science, Economics, or Mathematics/Statistics, with 1-3 years applied work experience.
- Considered: BA/BS with 3 or more years of experience conducting research in an applied setting (see below).
Research experience – total of 2-4 years of applied and academic experience conducting research on business management, workforce management, and social and/or policy related issues.
- Applying analytical models and techniques (e.g., regression, factor analysis)
- Hypothesis generation and testing
- Evaluating solutions, policies, and identifying best practice management solutions
- Collecting and analyzing both structured and unstructured data.
Qualifications and demonstrated proficiency or track record in (or strong aptitude to learn quickly):
- Using statistical and analytical software, such as R, SPSS or STATA
- Working in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Contributing to team-based projects.
- Translating objectives into actionable work plans and analyses.
- Independent contribution – self-setting work plans and objectives and managing work processes independently
- Communicating clearly, listening, and learning.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, you MUST apply to CEB’s Careers website: https://ceb.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=53187. Please reference job number 53187.