Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security
Location: Arlington, VA
About the Organization
At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life and support the agency’s mission to protect the Nation's transportation systems to ensure freedom of movement for people and commerce.
About the Job
We are seeking a full-time Personnel Psychologist to join our dynamic team located in the Assessment branch of the Strategic Organizational Design and Assessments Division, Office of Human Capital (OHC), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
This rewarding position includes the following requirements and duties:
- Developing project plans, milestones, managing resources, and directing project support staff and contractors. Leading all phases of project execution to ensure high quality and timely deliverables.
- Planning and conducting comprehensive Job analyses and competency modeling studies requiring extensive research, literature reviews, and focus groups to support effective data collection, survey design, and subsequent data analysis.
- Developing and validating tests for use in selection and certification testing. Developing performance criteria and collecting data for criterion-related validity studies. Analyzing tests for validity, reliability, adverse impact, and differential prediction. Developing norms and standards for use in employment decisions.
- Designing and conducting TSA-wide surveys to assess workforce attitudes and measure issues such as satisfaction, retention, and employee engagement. Analyzing survey data and preparing briefings/reports of findings and making recommendations for action planning.
- Serving as technical expert on employee assessment and overseeing contract support on assessment projects. Communicating technical information to a wide variety of audiences, including TSA leadership, management, and stakeholders. Collaborating with project team, stakeholders, and contractors to conduct assessment projects
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE for this position includes applying knowledge of industrial/organizational psychology, and demonstrated experience in at least one (1) of the following areas: applying test theory (i.e., classical test theory, item response theory) and psychometric methodology to develop and validate personnel tests (e.g., cognitive assessments, situational judgment tests, personality measures), and/or applying knowledge of organizational survey techniques to develop and analyze large-scale personnel surveys (i.e., attitudinal measures, job analysis surveys).
How to Apply
Applications are being accepted for this position from 2/3/16- 2/18/16.
For a complete description of qualifications, benefits and information on how to apply, go to: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/428489300