Human Capital Consultants LLC.
Location: Columbia/ Laurel, MD
The People Analytics Manager/Data Scientist will be responsible for establishing our HR workforce analytics function and managing the day-to-day operations including developing the metrics, modeling and governance for human capital analytics and tools. This individual will be in an exciting new role that will help build the organization’s strategic capabilities for workforce analytics and predictive modeling.
The People Analytics Manager/Data Scientist will be responsible for creating and managing a strong data modeling, analytical and reporting function for the Human Resources Services Department. He/she will guide the formulation of the imperative questions to be asked and produce the supporting data for organizational decision-making. This role will also be responsible for leading the development of internal HR staff skills as they adopt workforce analytics as a regular part of their roles. The People Analytics Manager/Data Scientist will utilize Visier, our selected workforce analytics solution, to gather data and present information and findings to management in an effective and meaningful manner with regular and ad-hoc reports.
- Lead implementation of workforce analytics tools and capabilities to support a culture of data driven decision making
- Lead the workforce analytics adoption effort within HRSD and the Laboratory
- Develop, analyze, interpret and prepare a summary of data to provide relevant, meaningful, decision-quality data and analyses to support strategic initiatives, drive business decisions and process improvements
- Create key performance indicators and reporting methods for all HRSD functions to assist in assessing the effectiveness of practices
- Identify and recommend additional qualitative and quantitative reports to implement relating to Human Resources and strategic goals
- Effectively interface with the HR Insights and Planning team which is a small and dynamic team comprised of staff at various organizational levels.
- Partner with IT Department to develop an HR business intelligence capability
- Partner with all functions within HRSD (Employment, Staff Benefits, Compensation, Training and Development, Department Service Teams (HR Business Partners), Environmental Health and Safety, etc.) and other functions to understand and deliver on their data needs; from standard reporting, workforce planning support, to executive level analysis and recommendations
- Provide coaching and training on the use and interpretation of metrics
- Utilize technology and analytical tools to develop, analyze and interpret HR workforce data
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and departments
- Deliver effective presentations of findings and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders
- Contribute to the development of workforce analytics to provide management insight through metrics, dashboards, full-spectrum analysis and predictive modeling
- Create, maintain, and ensure quality assurance of Human Resources data sets, reports, and metrics
- Ensure timely completion of key deliverables and other project management
- Ensure absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree in I.O. Psychology or a Business/Information Technology-related field with strong course work in analytical fields such as Statistics, Mathematics, Data Management, or Finance
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in an analytical role in consulting and/or Human Resources
- A minimum of two (2) years of leadership experience
- Exceptional analytical skills and experience performing workforce analytics at a broad organizational level
- Proven skills in data analysis, interpretation, visualization and presentation
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy
- Solid project management skills, including organizing, prioritizing and managing resources
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage and execute multiple work streams at once
- MA/MS Master’s Degree in HR, IO Psychology or Business-related field
- Strong and recent experience in statistical analysis software (SAS, SPSS, Excel)
- Consulting or client facing experience
- Advanced Excel skills (experience with VBA)
- Strong understanding of data modeling
- Experience with Visier Workforce Analytics tools
Qualified and interested candidates should forward their resumes to Milton Hall Mhall@HumanCapitalLLC.Com.