American Institutes for Research (AIR)
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Workforce and Lifelong Learning (WLL) program of the American Institutes for Research (AIR) works collaboratively with clients to examine a wide range of projects involving individual and organizational performance. We are currently seeking a Senior Researcher (Industrial and Organizational Psychology) for our Washington, D.C. office. You will support current and future project efforts in a variety of areas such as job analysis, personnel selection and certification, test development and validation, performance management, program evaluation, workplace surveys, training needs assessment, and training evaluation.
The Sr. Researcher will work on several projects with responsibilities that may include:
- Serving as client contact for analytical or statistical expertise
- Managing or leading projects or tasks
- Developing conceptual frameworks that guide project work (e.g., data collection and analysis plans)
- Applying appropriate techniques to collect, analyze, and report quantitative data
- Organizing and documenting analytical results and research procedures
- Preparing technical reports and journal articles and present findings to clients and the public
- Assisting in developing and drafting new business proposals
- Mentoring junior research analysts, sharing their approaches to solving concrete problems, and providing feedback on the work of others
- A Ph.D. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology or related field, and 3+ years of experience
- Experience managing projects for external clients
- Highly proficient in data management and analysis procedures. Familiar data analysis programs, such as SPSS, Excel, MPlus, and various IRT programs
- Strong writing skills, specifically the ability to describe quantitative analyses to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience writing proposals and developing business strongly preferred
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a fully funded retirement plan, generous paid time off, commuter benefits, and tuition assistance. For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org. To apply, please go to https://jobs-airdc.icims.com/jobs/8710/senior-i-o-researcher/job. EOE.