American Institutes for Research (AIR)
Location: Not specified
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is one of the leading behavioral and social science research organizations in the world. Our overriding goal is to use the best science available to bring the most effective ideas and approaches to enhancing everyday life. For us, making the world a better place is not wishful thinking. It is the goal that drives us. Founded in 1946 as a not-for-profit organization, we conduct our work with strict independence, objectivity, and non-partisanship. The intellectual diversity of our 1,600 employees enables us to bring together experts from many fields in the search for innovative answers to any challenge.
American Institutes for Research’s Workforce and Lifelong Learning (WLL) Program is seeking a Senior Researcher with experience in disability policy, vocational rehabilitation services and transition services to join our team. The program strives to improve the work and outcomes of individuals, teams and organizations through applied research and best practices.
This position will work closely with AIR's Disability & Rehabilitation (D&R) practice areas. D&R aims to improve the work and life outcomes of individuals with disabilities through research, evaluation, technical assistance, and training and dissemination activities.
The Senior Researcher oversees the management of projects and provides some analytical or statistical support for the specific program area and works under limited supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Demonstrate and apply content knowledge and methodological expertise to study design decisions, project activities, and reporting;
- Contribute to or supervise collection and management of data for projects;
- Lead or contribute to quantitative analysis and reporting;
- Lead or contribute to writing of research and technical reports and other project deliverables.
- Carry out project management activities, including monitoring contract timelines and budgets, supervising junior staff, communicating with senior managers, and communicating with clients as appropriate;
- Engage in business development activities, including cultivating relationships with existing and potential new clients, managing or writing proposals;
- Support collaboration among team members, both internal and external to the organization; and
- Contribute to dissemination activities, including presentations, journal manuscripts, issue briefs, and other products for a variety of audiences.
- Mentor staff, share approaches to solving concrete study design and analytic problems, and provide feedback on the work of others
- Master’s degree with 5-7 years of relevant work experience in the social sciences or related field or a PHD in a related field with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Sustained success in writing, conceptualizing, analyzing, and consulting.
- Experience managing detailed projects and small teams.
- Experience and familiarity of professional publication required.
- SPSS/SAS or other statistical software preferred.
- Knowledge of methodology used to collect, analyze, and report quantitative data preferred.
AIR offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including a fully funded retirement plan, generous paid time off, commuter benefits, and tuition assistance. For more information, please visit our website at www.air.org. To apply, please go to https://jobs-airdc.icims.com/jobs/8709/senior-researcher/job. EOE.