Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO)
Location: Alexandria, VA
Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO) is an industry leader in designing, developing and conducting applied research in support of a variety of human capital initiatives and we are looking for talented individuals to join us in these important endeavors.
HumRRO, an independent, nonprofit organization, offers exciting challenges and opportunities in a variety of areas. We provide customized solutions to issues related to personnel selection, strategic human capital management, program evaluation, educational research, program policy and analysis, and other areas that have broad impact.
HumRRO is seeking a motivated individual to contribute to the organization’s personnel research activities. This individual will serve as a member of a research team, participate in expansion of existing contracts and development of new business, and ultimately direct projects.
Projects may include:
- Conducting job analysis
- Designing and implementing research and analysis plans;
- Developing various cognitive and non-cognitive measures, including online role plays, situational judgment tests, in-baskets, and logic-based reasoning measures;
- Collecting and analyzing data and interpreting results;
- Writing technical reports and orally presenting project findings;
- Assisting in the development of proposals to secure new contracts.
- Knowledge of industrial-organizational psychology and measurement
- A strong foundation in applied research design, test construction and validation, methodology and statistics (using SPSS, SAS, and/or R)
- The ability to ensure technical quality, timeliness, and adherence to budget
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and teamwork skills.
- Candidates should be willing to work on a variety of types of tasks and projects, and possess a desire to learn and develop inventive methods that respond to client needs.
- Candidates with a doctoral degree in industrial-organizational psychology or a closely related discipline are preferred; however, those with a master’s degree in a relevant discipline and relevant work experience will also be considered.
- Ideally, this position is located in Alexandria, VA, but would consider employment in Louisville, KY or Minneapolis, MN.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Excellent benefits package.When applying please refer to Job Announcement OCT15-01.
Please apply on-line at www.humrro.org or send resume along with cover letter to: HumRRO, Attn: Human Resources, 66 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 700, Alexandria, VA 22314: FAX: (703) 549-9025; All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. EOE