Location: Greenbelt, MD
The person selected for this position will be responsible for collection, organization, and study of equal employment data. This position also provides support with statistical concepts and tools to perform work as a contractor for a federal Agency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Works collaboratively with the client organization to develop and maintain statistical models to support various programs
- Provides detailed explanation of complex statistical techniques along with findings, conclusions and recommendations
- Provides strong written and verbal communication of data intricacies and conclusions to clients, stakeholders, etc.
- Provide, properly interpret and communicate data findings and associated implications to Center management
- Collect and analyze statistical data to identify and predict trends
- Master’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Sociology or related field (PhD preferred).
- Demonstrated mastery of statistical analysis and research principles, concepts, and practices of any applicable specialty.
- Skill using standard social science statistical analysis technology sufficient to evaluate and draw appropriate conclusions from data.
- Ability to communicate in writing to provide technical advice and information on programs, policies and procedures and technical reports and briefing papers.
- Knowledge of professional and legal standards, principles and guidelines related to employee selection, program evaluation, adverse impact analysis, and organizational research and data collection protocols sufficient to serve as an expert witness in legal proceedings.
- Ability to conduct surveys, including developing the study and sampling plan, collecting and analyzing the data, and reporting the findings.
- Expertise in population modeling and statistics.
- Excellent customer service, written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated self-direction, commitment and willingness to work with diverse groups of people.
- Well organized and able to manage multiple priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Experience working with Federal Government clients.
- Strong computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite with expert proficiency in Excel spreadsheets, and fully versed in IBM SPSS predictive analytics software
Travel may be required 3-4 times per year to other GSFC locations
Please click the link to apply: Human Capital Statistician Job ID 539