Location: Arlington, VA
Arlington County, VA Government seeks to fill a key position in its Human Resources Department with primary responsibility for developing, maintaining and proactively managing the full recruitment and selection life cycle for a variety of positions throughout County government. A stone's throw from the Nation's Capital, Arlington offers a competitive salary, a fast paced, challenging and work friendly work environment, and an excellent benefits package. Work with our highly collaborative HR team is focused on customer service, innovation, reliability and efficiency. This position will work closely as a strategic Business Partner with hiring managers to identify staffing needs and to define and develop a recruitment plan and selection strategy to meet those needs through talent acquisition.
Specific duties include:
- Designs, develops and creates recruitment strategies to innovate the recruitment process, which includes proactive plans to fill vacancies and enhance Arlington's brand as an Employer of Choice in key and specialized markets;
- Develops recruitment plans that fully utilize different tools and resources (including but not limited to professional career websites, job boards, social media, etc.) as part of a full cycle recruiting strategy;
- Builds and maintains an understanding of the business, operations and organizational structure of assigned agencies;
- Develops an understanding of the essential functions of the position being recruited as well as of the qualifications that are critical to job success;
- Creates (writes) the job announcement for the position, ensuring that complete and accurate information about the duties of the job, selection criteria, special requirements, work conditions, work hours, type of position, etc. is provided in a clear, concise and appealing manner;
- Provides subject matter expertise to hiring managers throughout the recruitment life cycle to include recruiting market trends, sourcing approaches, interview training, interview assessments, salary negotiation techniques, etc.;
- Develops an appropriate evaluation strategy or selection method with a focus on streamlining the screening process and identifying top talent who meet critical competencies; applies evaluation strategy or selection method fairly and consistently;
- Ensures that recruiting and selection processes and documentation are in compliance with legal requirements and affirmative action;
- Manages the applicant tracking system (NEOGOV) to ensure efficiency and data integrity;
- Responds to inquiries from applicants received through a variety of sources regarding any and all aspects of the County's recruiting and selection process providing responses by telephone, email or in person;
- Develops and provides training for all levels of employees on the recruiting and selection life cycle;
- Leads/actively participates in initiatives undertaken to enhance approaches to talent identification, attraction and acquisition;
- Tracks/provides recruiting/selection metrics provides regular reports to supervisor/manager to assist in understanding effectiveness of practices.
NOTE: This position may be filled as a full-time or part-time position and may be filled at any level, including the entry level, within the established broad band depending upon qualifications. The pay band above encompasses entry through senior-level work.
Online application required.
MINIMUM: A combination of education and experience equivalent to Bachelor's degree in Industrial /Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Management, Public Administration or a related field PLUS professional recruiting or staffing experience in a municipal or corporate environment involving a variety of occupations.
Key areas of consideration:
- Experience managing the employee life cycle and recruiting process including implementing strategies to attract the best talent;
- Experience proactively working with hiring managers to drive the recruitment and selection process;
- Experience in job analysis for the purpose of determining the essential functions of a job as well as the minimum and desirable qualifications for the position;
- Experience with online sourcing and recruiting (i.e. job boards, sourcing mechanisms, and social recruiting platforms);
- Experience building strategic partnerships focused on talent management;
- Experience which demonstrates focus on organizational effectiveness and adaptability to change management;
- Ability to communicate, work and relate professionally and effectively with all levels of internal and external customers;
- Strong computer skills in MS Word and Excel as well as applicant tracking systems;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a focus on creating innovative solutions to recruitment or selection challenges;
- Ability to leverage technology to multi-task, organize and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to leverage networks to identify best practices and implement new initiatives;
- Strong knowledge of employment laws and government compliance regulations that affect recruitment and selection practices;
- Strong experience and demonstrated success in facilitating customer relationship management and achieving excellent customer services.
a) Master's degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology.
b) Experience developing oral panel or interview questions for a variety of positions (i.e entry level, executive level, professional or technical positions).
c) Experience in other HR disciplines, such as benefits, employee relations, payroll and/or classification & compensation,
d) SPHR, PHR or other human resources-related certification.
Each section of the application must be completed. A resume may be attached, however, it will not substitute for the completed application.
For more information and to apply, please click here