DHS/Transportation Security Administration
Location: Arlington, VA
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce.
For additional information about our agency please: click here
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National.
- You must complete a favorable Background Investigation (BI).
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Selective Service registration is required.
If you are selected for this position, you will serve as a Personnel Psychologist in the Assessment Services branch of the Strategic Organizational Design and Assessments Division, Office of Human Capital (OHC), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). As a Personnel Psychologist, you will be providing technical advice, guidance, and assistance to others on the use of tests and assessments for purposes of selection, certification, and promotion; survey design and analysis; and employee engagement and action planning initiatives.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Utilizing new and established theories, approaches and testing methods in solving complex problems and issues and carrying out extensive research and literature reviews and summarizing the findings.
- Designing, conducting and analyzing large-scale organizational surveys and pulse surveys.
- Coming up with new approaches or methodologies for gathering and assessing information, testing critical competencies, and assessing workforce behaviors.
- Evaluating the validity of current and proposed testing methods and applications to ensure job relatedness and the ability for the agency to defend its assessment criteria in third party forums.
- Reviewing assessment strategies, processes and procedures, and making recommendations to management on appropriate assessment tools and procedures.
- Conducting complex psychometric studies, job analysis studies, competency modeling,and adverse impact studies, and serving as a senior technical point of contact for same.
- BASIC REQUIREMENT: Applicants must have a degree with a major or equivalent in Psychology for this position. You must attach copies of your transcripts to this application to verify your degree(s). These can be unofficial copies.
- To qualify for the SV-I Pay Band (equivalent to GS-13), you must have one year of specialized experience at the SV-H Pay Band or GS-12 in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private sector.
- SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE is defined as experience that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience includes applying knowledge of industrial/organizational psychology, experience utilizing classical test theory, survey sampling, psychometric methodology, and statistics in designing and developing workforce surveys and employee assessments.
- National Service Experience (i.e., volunteer experience): Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
NOTE: Credit for experience is given based on a 40-hour workweek. Part-time experience is credited on a part-time ratio, i.e., working 20 hours per week for two months equals one month of experience. No additional credit is given for overtime.You must meet the qualification requirements for this position no later than the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
For more information and to apply, please click here