Location: Tysons Corner, VA
REQUIRED DUTIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Research existing competency models to prepare draft competency models
- Write competency definitions and behavioral statements
- Plan and organize competency model development focus groups and workshops
- Prepare or support the preparation of communications such as written research reports and briefings to employee and executive audiences, summary papers, meeting minutes, project documentation
- Map competencies to learning events using online tools and systems
- Survey design, analysis and reporting, including use of online survey tools.
- Track multiple on-going tasks, communications, meetings, and deliverables
- Write clearly and concisely for lay as well as executive audiences; use graphics, figures and tables to communicate data/results. Communicate complex ideas in a straightforward way, facilitate meetings, and use active listening.
- Experience working directly with clients and a range of audiences.
- Experience working in a team setting that requires close coordination with co-workers, clients, and other stakeholders
PREFERRED DUTIES AND EXPERIENCE
- Basic familiarity with updating web portals or SharePoint pages and documents
- Experience working with the Veteran’s Administration or other government agencies and working at customer’s site
- Certification in Kirkpatrick’s Four Levels of Evaluation
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems, especially Plateau
- Experience providing user support to online competency assessments or similar activities
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, educational measurement, instructional design, or related field
- At least two years of experience
- EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
For more information and to apply click here