DCI Consulting Group
Location: Washington, D.C.
DCI Consulting Group (www.dciconsult.com
) is an Human Resources (HR) and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) consulting and software development firm located in downtown Washington, D.C. DCI staff are thought leaders in the areas of EEO, compliance, and legal defensibility, and provide in-depth consulting in the areas of affirmative action development and implementation, employee selection and test validation, systemic compensation discrimination analyses, OFCCP audit and litigation support, and regulatory affairs. DCI’s clients represent a cross-section of private sector, federal agency and public sector clients. Private sector clients represent a wide range of industries, including aerospace and defense, financial services, pharmaceuticals, high technology, retail, and manufacturing. DCI staff also work directly with a number of national law firms to provide related litigation defense services.
About the Job
DCI is seeking a consultant with expertise in employee selection, validation research, equal employment opportunity (EEO) law, and statistics to join the Employment Selection Research Team at DCI. This group has experience substantial growth during the last few years, and offers clients a wide range of services related to job analysis, selection procedure evaluation/development, validation research, and adverse impact measurement. Projects include both proactive research as well as work in the context of OFCCP audits, EEOC claims, and private litigation.
The ideal candidate would have recently completed a Ph.D. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology and have:
- 1-3 years of research or consulting experience related to employee selection, with particular emphasis on validation research, job analysis, and adverse impact measurement;
- A willingness to work under multiple deadlines;
- Strong critical thinking and writing skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients;
- Experience conducting literature searches and writing in technical style;
- Familiarity with a variety of statistical and psychometric concepts, including statistical significance tests for categorical and continuous data, multiple regression analysis, logistic regression, assessment reliability and rater agreement measures, effect size indices, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with SAS.
Specific job requirements include the following:
- Supporting project logistics as necessary,
- Conducting literature reviews,
- Conducting 3rd party reviews of a wide variety of technical materials,
- Developing and facilitating job analysis data collection methods (interviews, focus group protocols, job observation, job analysis questionnaires),
- Designing and implementing content-oriented, concurrent and predictive criterion validation studies,
- Conducting various adverse impact analyses across a wide range of employment decisions and related process (e.g., hiring, promotion, termination, performance measurement, test pass/fail results)
- Preparing “Uniform Guidelines Style” written validation reports that summarize research findings,
- Presenting results to the client and other stakeholders, including lawyers and federal agency staff and in the context of litigation support.
DCI offers an attractive compensation package, a dynamic work environment, and a wide range of unique and interesting applied research projects in the EEO context. To apply for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.