Hello PTCMW Members and Friends.
It is official; today is the last day of 2020! Before we bid this year adieu, here is a final update from the 2020 PTCMW Board.
Awards and Recognition
The November virtual Fall Event (hosted on November 18) provided an opportunity for PTCMW to announce our final awards for the year: the PTCMW Service Award winner and the Graduate Student Consulting Challenge winners.
The Service Award is presented to recognize individuals for their service to PTCMW, and we are honored to name Gonzalo Ferro, Ph.D. as the 2020 recipient. Dr. Ferro has over 18 years of research and applied experience, has been a PTCMW member for nearly 20 years, and served as a PTCMW elected Board Member for 7 years. Additionally, Dr. Ferro assisted in establishing the PTCMW Fall Event, as well as the Graduate Student Consulting Challenge. Congratulations, Dr. Ferro!
The 2020 Graduate Student Consulting Challenge (sponsored by Amazon) was a great success! Students were presented with a request for proposal (RFP) that outlined a real organizational challenge. Teams then worked together to develop a written response, as well as an oral presentation, that was evaluated by expert I-O judges. And the winners are:
- The first-place team included: Dhanisha Nandigama, Jinah Rhee, Chelsea Riccardi, Sarah Schaible, Sarah Sultzer, Nianqi Wu
- The second-place team included: Jessie Cannon, Taylor Dotson, Andrea Garry, Heekyung Kim, Joe Meyer
- The third-place team included: Julia Baines, Alec Campbell, MaryJo Kolze, Yoori Koo, Anastasia Lisina, Abbey Salvas
Congratulations to our winners and to all the students who participated!!
For more information about the PTCMW Service Award and Graduate Student Consulting Challenge, please visit out website: http://www.ptcmw.org/Awards and http://www.ptcmw.org/scc.
Monthly Educational Sessions
To end the year, PTCMW held two final events – one in November and one in December:
- On November 18, PTCMW held the virtual Fall Event. Nathan Kuncel, Ph.D. and Paul Sackett, Ph.D. presented respectively on Using Decision Making Research and Theory to Enhance Hiring Decisions and New Developments in Stereotype Threat: Implications for High Stakes Testing.
- On December 9, Doug Reynolds, Ph.D. and Stephanie Neal, M.A. presented Leadership in Context: Shifting Conditions, Changing Demands.
Both monthly presentations ended with a virtual happy hour. Members can access the slides and video recordings of our monthly events here: http://www.ptcmw.org/webcasts.
Hope to see you at our next event!
2021 PTCMW Board Members – Welcome!
The election process for the 2021 PTCMW Officers concluded; the new Board Members have been identified. Please join me in congratulating and welcoming:
- 2021 Recorder: Kira Foley
- 2021 Secretary: Arielle Rogers
- 2021 Treasurer: Richard Evitts
- 2021 VP for Programs: Mike Litano
- 2021 President-Elect: Marni Falcone
These professionals will join 2021 PTCMW President Robert Calderón and myself next year!
2020 PTCMW Board Members and Volunteers – Thank you!
As an outgoing act, I would like to thank the 2020 PTCMW Board and Volunteers. This year, PTCMW was able to provide our membership with a full set of offerings, including eight (8) recorded monthly events (two of which were the virtual Fall Event and a workshop), the restart of the Mentorship Program, the annual career panel with UMBC, and the Graduate Student Consulting Challenge.
In short, PTCMW worked hard to ensure our members were able to connect, share, and grow throughout the entire year. Please join me in thanking:
- Past President: Lorin Mueller
- President-Elect: Robert Calderón
- Vice President: Angela Lee
- Secretary: Katelyn McCoy
- Treasurer: James Wilcox
- Recorder and Mentoring Program Coordinator: Leah Ellison
- Webmaster and Graduate Student Consulting Challenge Coordinator: Jenna Eagleson
- Newsletter/Blog Editor: Yesenia Avila
- Calendar Chair: Kira Foley
- Technology Chair: Tessa Riley
Although PTCMW cannot wait to see you again in person, we will look for you on one of our upcoming virtual offerings.
It was my honor to serve as your president in 2020; until next year!
Emilee Tison, 2020 PTCMW President